For the quarter ending September 2023, seasonally the weakest quarter, IndiGo reported a profit of INR 8,061 million excluding foreign exchange loss. Including a foreign exchange loss of INR 6,171 million, net profit for the quarter aggregated to INR 1,889 million.
For the quarter ended September 30, 2023, compared to the same period last year
• Capacity increased by 27.7%
• Passengers increased by 33.4% to 26.3 million
• Yield declined by 12.4% to INR 4.44 and load factor improved by 4.1 points to 83.3%
• Revenue from Operations increased by 19.6% to INR 149,439 million
• Reduction in fuel CASK by 26.7% to INR 1.66
• CASK ex fuel decreased by 12.1% primarily due to reduction in foreign exchange loss
• EBITDAR of INR 24,464 million (16.4% EBITDAR margin), compared to EBITDAR of INR
2,292 million (1.8% EBITDAR margin)
• Excluding foreign exchange loss, profit amounted to INR 8,061 million compared to loss of INR
• Net profit of INR 1,889 million, compared to net loss of INR 15,833 million.
Company’s CEO, Pieter Elbers said: “I am pleased to report yet another profitable quarter despite the seasonal fluctuations and external headwinds coming into play. With our clear strategy and focus on execution, we have completed a full cycle and remained profitable for the last four quarters. We continued to augment our network both domestically and internationally as we added 10 new destinations in the past few months, taking the total number of destinations to 115 as of today."
"My deepest gratitude to all 6E employees for their hard work, determination, and passion they bring to their roles in serving our loyal IndiGo customers.”
Revenue and Cost Comparisons
Total income for the quarter ended September 2023 was INR 155,029 million, an increase of 20.6% over the same period last year. For the quarter, our passenger ticket revenues were INR 130,690 million, an increase of 17.6% and ancillary revenues were INR 15,510 million, an increase of 20.5% compared to the same period last year.
Stay up to date
Subscribe to the free Times Aerospace newsletter and receive the latest content every week. We'll never share your email address.